Monday, August 14, 2006

GVIM and fonts

Tip #914 - Looking for the perfect programming font ? : vim online:
I've been struggling to get my preferred text editor GVIM set up according to my taste for ages. I'd given up basically until I found this note at the VIM homepage. I downloaded the ProggyClean font and installed it as instructed. I then recompiled VIM to use GTK2 (can't believe I was still using GTK1!) and now everything looks cleaner and is much more usable than it was. Woohoo! I'm using it to now to work on my draft for a website. This is planned to be for parents of autistic children on Wirral to share thoughts, interventions, things that have worked for them. It's still a long way from being finished. I'm currently struggling with the mechanism for adding links to content. I'll have to post more detail when I've got time.

See you soon!

No comments: