Thursday, May 08, 2008

Do I need to blog any more about my situation with Virgin Media? I switched ISP to them around November last, and I've had nothing but trouble since. They are dreadful.

My line speeds are dog slow - at peak times much slower than the 1MB line I used to have with Tiscali, although it's supposed to be an 8MB line. I've complained until I'm blue in the face. One of their engineers confirmed to me that the line is fine, the slow speed is caused by the contention ratios at Virgin. In short, they are cheapskates, meaning that all their customers are contending for too little bandwidth and the whole thing slows down.

I normally get less than 384K on a line tested as capable of functioning at 7660K.

The final straw now, they've throttled my access to dialup speed because they say I'm a heavy user.

I'm livid, as hopefully the letter I posted conveys. This is a modern broadband ISP folks, and to complain I have to write to them. Not call, email, or fax, but write. I'll post again when I hear back from them.

No comments: