Sunday, December 17, 2006

Had a visit by my parents over last weekend. I thought it went really well. It's taken me a while to blog about it because of our normally busy week.

(What with Brownies, Judo, and other stuff - I wish I had my kids' social life!)

On top of all that, Alex hasn't been very well. He took Wednesday off school because he was sick during the night, and didn't feel too good in the morning. He's back in school today, and I shall have to add blog entry later to update with how he got on in the school play (he's got the part of Santa Claus, and has therefore been practising his "ho's" for a while).

Back to the parental visit. It was a little mini Christmas. Something we've done for a few years now, where my parents will visit in the run up to Christmas to bring the kids presents. Mainly because the journey over to them is just too long around this time of year for the kids (4 hours plus in the car).

So, a nice day out together, and a nice evening meal in the pub down the road. Alex over the moon with his new model of Mallard, and Jessica enjoying her Clarice Bean book, among other presents.

I'll let you know how Alex got on as Father Christmas later (ho, ho, ho...).

No comments: