Saturday, January 06, 2007

Amazon.co.uk: Diaries 1969-1979: The Python Years: Books: Michael Palin:
This is my current reading material. Deb bought it for me to read over Christmas. I was a little reluctant as I don't normally read this sort of thing. But it's turned out to be rather interesting. Not just for the insight into Monty Python, but also for the life of a moderate celebrity in the 70's, and for 70's life in general. He chronicles, for instance, the very hot summer of 1976, when I remember visiting London at the age of 5 with my parents - and having an experience probably very similar to ours with Jessica and Alex in London in 2006 (a little fraught, quite stressful, but overall enjoyable). Palin himself comes across as quite a bland, normal person. And yet there is still the odd flash of one of the creators of Python. Much more interesting than I thought it would be.

No comments: