Monday, April 02, 2007

More news in work. My role is becoming a little clearer. It will revolve around finance and budgets. So I will have staff responsible for managing various finance related tasks - mostly to do with making payments. I'll hold responsibility for monitoring the budget, and forecasting against staffing. I'd rather have had the other side of my team - which is more to do with monitoring work performance - but I'm sure I can make a go of it. Watch this space. I'm not unhappy, as it allows me to keep my hand in at staff management, whilst also having some analysis work to do. I'll also still be within spitting distance of the local project staff, so we shall see what happens.

Planning a trip to Derby for Easter. Not sure entirely what's there, but hoping we might make it into the Peak District for some walking - assuming the weather's reasonable.

The problem we've been having with the landline has now finally been fixed by BT - so it's possible to call us and make yourself understood without being deafened by the noise on the line. It doesn't knock the broadband connection out either. It's only taken about 4 months to get it sorted, but at least it's done now.

Well, I think that's about it for now. Judo this evening for Jessica - she passed her grading las weekend and is now an Orange belt, so tonight will be her first chance to go wearing her new colour. Alex will probably go shopping with Deb, and I get to cook the tea!

No comments: