Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas is now over, and I'm back at work. The kids go back to school in about a week's time.

The day itself was OK. We did very little either on Christmas Day or Boxing Day. Watched TV, played with the children's new games, generally had fun. On the 27th we went out for a walk - did a couple of miles across some frosty ground which was very refreshing and great fun until Jessica stuck her foot through the ice in a puddle and got wet - and then complained all the way back that she was uncomfortable and that she hated the walk.

Sunday was even more fun when we went to IKEA. Bought a new table, although typically they didn't have any of the chairs we wanted in stock, and we'll therefore have to go back at some point. This seems to be typical at the moment. Whenever we've gone there they never have what we want in stock. Or at least only some of it (which is even more frustrating).

Anyway, back at work and preparing for a bunch load of project work that I'm going to have to do in the New Year. Quite looking forward to it in some ways, although I've sold myself as being really good at projects, so there will be a lot of pressure on me to 'perform'.

I also have an interview for an accelerated development programme in the New Year, which I'm hoping to tie in with a visit to the Byzantium exhibition at the Royal Academy. Should be interesting.

Deb is going for a MRI scan shortly, but I'll say no more about that until there's a bit more to tell. She's a little unnerved though.

That's all for now. I've had a bit of a saga trying to get pictures of Jessica in the school play onto the blog, but I'll have another go over the weekend.

No comments: