Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A trip to Manchester today to meet with someone in our office at the airport, so I'm typing this on the train. Another breakdown in the tunnel this morning meant that I only just managed to make the train I had planned for. The traffic was backed up half way around the M53 as one of the tunnel lanes was closed. That's the second time in 3 weeks, and a real nuisance when it happens.

The meeting is to discuss taking over a stats collation job from someone else, for the Regional Director. Now this is a job which is really up my street. It's the sort of stats analysis stuff I excelled at in my last job but haven't had the chance to do while I've been mired in all the finance work given me since I moved. The plan, as I understand it, is to take all the finance work off me to free me up for other things. This is a little worrying as it means I'll basically be without a job. But it also gives me the chance to define my own role again, and try to carve out a little niche for myself. The danger I suppose is that I won't succeed in carving out that niche. But we'll just have to see where it goes. I also have an application for a SEO project job to put in tomorrow so I still have some options open.

Jessica is very grumpy at the moment. She was at a sleep over with some friends on Saturday night and hasn't really recovered yet. She does struggle with her sleep pattern, and doesn't really have the knack of dropping off. Something like this sleepover (when apparently she was awake until 4am!) really knock her for six.

Alex seems fine - it's always a little hard to tell. His reading is really coming along and he's as heavily into Star Wars as he was once into Thomas the Tank Engine.

Off now to do some work on the long delayed website project while I wait for the train to arrive at Manchester Airport.

No comments: