Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Well narked with Virgin at the moment. They're my ISP - although potentially not for very much longer. I've been offline now for just over 2 weeks.

What seems to have happened is that they've upgraded the connection at the exchange to ADSL2. Now I can't access the internet. The router can't see the ADSL signal on the line. 4 calls now to Virgin and I'm no further forward. Each time I go through the same rigmarole, and they report it to an engineer. And it doesn't get fixed. It seems that the relevant work is contracted to Cable & Wireless, and they seem to think everything is working fine.

Well it isn't.

If they don't get it sorted soon, then I'll be looking for another ISP - particularly as Virgin weren't that good really anyway.

This was posted from my Palm using my 'phone as a dial up modem over Bluetooth. I'm suffering serious withdrawal symptoms without internet access!

On a different note, today I donated Platelets for the first time. I need to make a longer post about that another time. Giving blood is something I'm very committed too, but the process of giving platelets took a long time and was quite painful. This is going to take a bit of getting used to.

No comments: