Sunday, November 19, 2006

Another day, another pile of poo poured over me in work. I've mentioned befoe about being moved back into a team leader job that I last did 2 years ago. Well, I had been started to get quite enthused about operational management again. My former boss is a big believer in EFQM, and he's been coaching me on using this framework. It all really makes sense - just the kind of framework I need to have a real go at managing front line staff.


Anyway, my new boss called me yesterday to tell me (not ask, tell) she was moving me to a different, non customer facing, team. It's the team where she puts people she neither likes nor trusts, to get them out of the way.


Well, that put me in my place. And it's probably the end of my plans to make a success of team leading. I really am being dumped on a sink team. Time to get the job search back on track.


Meanwhile, the team leader training course plods on. It mostly involved training me on things I trained the trainer on 10 years ago. It's a desperate struggle to keep myself active and not just slump into a vague sleepy depression. At the moment, I'm doing some EFQM based analysis work for my former boss. I hope my new boss doesn't find out, or there'll be hell to pay.


Well, I'm writing this whilst sitting in class. Time to get back to it and start listening again.

No comments: