Sunday, November 05, 2006

Haven't blogged for a while. Not sure why - although I've been busy in work. Not, I hasten to add, with work itself but rather searching for new jobs. I've now left the project I was working on (and enjoying tremendously). I'm on the 'team leader' training course for the new job I've been forced into. I'm not looking forward to this at all, so I'm searching for a new job - mostly internal and on promotion as I'm trying to make use of my experiences of the last 6 months. My former boss has been incredibly supportive over this, really helping me sort the application forms out.


On the same subject, I went for a job interview and assessment day for the Home Office on Tuesday. It was an all-dayer and quite hard work. Seemed to go OK though. I should hear around the end of November apparently. Fingers crossed!


We all went to London for a couple of nights during half term. We stayed at the Travel Inn in County Hall. I'd recommend this to anyone. It wasn't too expensive (for central London - �92 a night) and was very convenient, at the south end of Westminster Bridge just underneath the London Eye.


We took a 'flight' on the London Eye which was really a highlight (boom, boom!) - even though Alex just liked looking at the trains crossing Hungerford (thanks Steve!) Bridge into Waterloo. He thought they looked like a train set. Jessica enjoyed seeing Buckingham Palace across the city and all the other sites.


Followed this up with a bus tour. This meant we really did get to see everything, and was the perfect way to get 2 children around London and see the sights (although, being us, everyone did get a bit stressed at Tower Bridge).


Jessica enjoyed the Natural History Museum, and the British Museum (although stopping there meant we almost missed the train home on the Wednesday). I suspect the real highlight for Alex was the journey to and from London on the big red Virgin Pendolino on the West Coast Main Line.


So you can see, we basically managed to see just about everything in 3 days. This really came home to me after Auntie Katie bought J and A a t-shirt with "London" and some of the sights on the front - and I realised that we'd actually seen them all!


Well, that was half term, more updates to follow. Feel free to add a comment if you want to.

No comments: