Sunday, September 24, 2006

Amazon.co.uk: o brother where art thou:
Went to Liverpool on Saturday and bought this cheap in HMV. Deb and I have always liked this film, and my boss has slowly been getting me into country music - especially old-time country music. The soundtrack to this is excellent (it also includes "You Are My Sunshine", always a special song for me). I particularly like "I'll Fly Away" and "Man of Constant Sorrow".

For those of you who don't know, the film is based loosely on the Odyssey, but is set in the US deep south. It's made by the Coen brothers. I watch it and can't help thinking that I'm missing half the clever bits. I get the Sirens, and the Lotus Eaters, and the Suitors. I'm probably missing loads more.

Musically, there's a take on Robert Johnson - delta blues at the crossroads, and quite a bit of old time country. An acquired taste I suppose. Still, I do quite like it.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast:
I've been playing this game on Jessica's Nintendo GameCube. A must for Star Wars fans. The lightsabre stuff is just excellent - although I don't think I'd have got anywhere without the walkthroughs on the internet. Jessica is enjoying the 2 player games which is fun.

OK, I'm getting ready to go to bed now, so I'll blog more from my Palm during the week. Leave me a comment if you visit!

No comments: